Durable, cost-effective, and versatile, asphalt paving is the ideal choice for your surfacing project. Whether you’re working in a commercial or residential environment, there are plenty of benefits to using asphalt. With the right equipment, you can get the job done in no time. You can find a reliable asphalt paver for sale on Truck & Trailer.
Asphalt paving offers you more value for money when compared to concrete. You’ll get the job done faster if you use asphalt, which will save you money on the time that is required to complete the project. Asphalt dries quickly so it causes fewer disruptions when it’s used for paving surfaces. For road construction projects, the blockages and delays will be shorter. This type of surface is also more affordable to repair.
Asphalt paving is a durable option that will last for years to come. It’s an excellent investment because asphalt surfacing projects are expected to last for 15 to 20 years. This will save you the hassle and expense of major reconstructive work. Asphalt is weather-resistant and it can be used in areas where there is high or low traffic. It can also cope with heavy-duty trailers.
Asphalt can be developed to reduce the risk of skidding and to improve water drainage. It also helps to protect drivers when the weather is bad. Research suggests that driving on asphalt makes less noise when compared to concrete, which plays a role in the reduction of driver fatigue. Its relatively smooth finish also makes road markings more visible.
Asphalt can be used for a diverse range of applications. While it’s often used for surfacing roads and driveways, it can also be used for running tracks and athletic courts.
Decreased environmental impact
Asphalt can be recycled and used again. When old asphalt is removed, it’s crushed and blended with new asphalt so that it can be used in another paving project. This reduces the waste that ends up in our landfills.
Asphalt is convenient to repair, and regular maintenance tasks include filling cracks and resealing surfaces. If it’s taken care of properly, major repair work can be avoided for longer. If it’s necessary, asphalt can be re-laid.
Asphalt paving equipment
Owning the right tools is essential for the success of any paving project. Here is an overview of the paving equipment you’ll need to get started:
- Milling machines – used in the preparation of the surface for paving or repair work. During this process, the top layer of the surface is milled to create a rough surface.
- Sweepers – this equipment is used to clean up once the milling machines have been used. It’s necessary to use sweepers because dust and debris can have a negative impact on bonding between the asphalt and the rough surface. Larger debris can also result in an uneven surface.
- Distributer tank – used to apply the undercoat of protection.
- Dump trucks – these vehicles are used to transport the asphalt to your project site. There is a wide selection of dump trucks to choose from, including bottom dump, end dump, and live bottom variations. Material transfer vehicles are also available.
- Asphalt paver – giant rollers are used to smooth out the asphalt
- Asphalt compactors – this equipment functions to compact the materials into the ground to create a level and consistent surface.
Now that you know about the benefits of asphalt paving, it’s easy to see why it’s a popular option. You can find an asphalt paver for sale on Truck & Trailer today.
Truck & Trailer Staff Writer
Latest posts by Truck & Trailer Staff Writer (see all)
- Reach the right target audience with Truck & Trailer’s digital marketing products - April 21, 2020
- Mercedes-Benz Arocs: A new Force in Construction - March 24, 2020
- 9 fuel-management tips to improve your fleet’s consumption - March 17, 2020